What is web design?
Web design is something that designs the overall look and makes you feel good while you are using a website. It is the process of building and planning the elements of your website from layout and structure to fonts, images, colors, and graphics.
Web design has many components that work together and helps in creating the finished experiments of the website. It includes user experience, interface design, content creation, and search engine optimization. These websites tell how the website actually works, looks, and feels on different devices.
Web design is different from web development. It is the actual coding that makes the website works. When you are building a website you need both web development and web design.
Why is web design important?
First expression of a website really matters. If you don’t have a strong website presence then you are holding your brand back. The customers who search for your website brand and find nothing then might think you have gone out of business.
If they find something attractive then the customer will also be attracted to your brand. Make every relationship that begins on our website a great one and make sure to make your web design the right one.
What does a good website look like?
Good web design is not subjective. With many other types of design like sticker design and illustrator, everything is up to the viewer’s taste. A well-designed website perfectly creates the good experience your visitor is looking for.
When a user is following an action that your website has set them to make a conversion. Conversions can be anything such as making a purchase, accessing and opening an account, or signing up for a newsletter on the website.
Effective web design
Effective web designs bring many elements together to promote conversions. These includes:
1. Use of negative spaces and try to choose appropriate sized fonts that follow a hierarchy
2. Try to present clear choices for the users
3. Well thought journey and limited distractions. Use only text and images that are 100% relevant to the subject, use font variation and feature only those buttons that lead to desired actions.
4. Make sure to make a responsive design. A design that reorients and resizes itself to the user’s screen. It helps in making the website easy to use on phones, laptops, desktops etc.
5. Try to use relevant, high-quality images and content that hook your reader’s attention.
What doesn’t work in web design?
Here are few elements that are necessary to avoid for a web design:
1. Distracting backgrounds and images. Stay away from tiled backgrounds.
2. Nonresponsive design is really not acceptable. Nowadays it is necessary to have a mobile-responsive website.
3. Unclear buttons and links are not acceptable. Visitors do not have much time to look for buttons or links. They should be quickly able to see images, buttons, or content clearly.
4. Irrelevant or generic stock and text without valuable information will ruin your entire website charm.
5. Other things such as grid layouts can be used in the right way to make your website effective.
By taking hands in your website design process, you have to design a website that meets your expectations. Tell your designer clearly about your brand and about the plan you want to achieve. Explain your vision clearly to them and let them show their magic.
Read also: gallerydeptmedia