Vitamin E is the fat soluble vitamin which has several forms but the human body only uses alpha tocopherol. Its main role is to act as an antioxidant that helps in losing electrons and called as free radicals. Vitamin E also helps in enhancing and immuring functions and also prevents clots from in heart arteries. It has the ability to protect cells from free radical damages as well as it reduces the production of free radicals in different situations.
Uses and effectiveness of vitamin E
Vitamin E is very effective. It is an inherited condition that affects motor control. Taking vitamin E by mouth is very effective for treating people with vitamin E deficiency due to genetic movement disorder. Taking vitamin E by mouth is very effective for treating and preventing vitamin E deficiency.
1. Very effective for Alzheimer disease. Taking vitamin E supplements by mouth doesn’t seem to prevent Alzheimer disease from developing. But people who are having this disease taking vitamin E along with some anti-Alzheimer medicine can slow down memory loss.
2. A blood disorder which helps in reducing the level of protein in the blood called hemoglobin. Taking vitamin E by mouth is very beneficial for children with blood disorders.
3. Taking vitamin E by mouth for 3 days before and 3 days after bleeding starts in decreasing pain and reducing menstrual blood loss.
4. An inherited disorder that causes red blood cells to break down due to stress. Taking vitamin E by mouth together and alone with selenium benefits people with this condition.
5. If anyone is facing bleeding within the skull so take vitamin E. taking vitamin E by mouth seems to reduce the bleeding risk in the skull in infants especially.
Benefits of Vitamin E
Below are the benefits of vitamin E that helps people in recovering with many diseases.
1. Helps in regulating oxidative stress
Signs of oxidation occur in the body when the body is facing imbalance of antioxidants and free radicals. Vitamin E is an antioxidant that helps in fighting with free radicals and protecting cells from damage. It also manages inflammation in the body.
2. Manages diabetes
Stress often causes people to develop diabetes. One of the vitamin E benefits is that it helps in delaying the onset of the condition.
3. Keeps skin healthy
Being an antioxidant vitamin E protects skin from environmental stress. One of the popular uses of vitamin E is a cosmetic ingredient. It demonstrates the photo receptive properties in creams which is very beneficial for healing skin wounds.
4. Controls the osteoarthritis symptoms
Osteoarthritis weakens the joints and it leads toward stiffness and pain. Vitamin E helps in controlling the symptoms of osteoarthritis by reducing oxidative stress. Vitamin E also helps in avoiding neurodegenerative diseases, preventing cataracts and lowering the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
How to know if anyone has vitamin E deficiency?
Below are symptoms to know if anyone is facing vitamin E deficiency. If anyone notices any of these symptoms then immediately consult the doctor. He or she will prescribe you with the blood test.
· Weak eyes
· Poor immunity
· Weak muscles
· Irregular body coordination
· Tingling and numbness sensation
· Cystic fibrosis
· Cohn’s disease
Nutritional sources of Vitamin E
Now when you know what happens with vitamin E deficiency. Make sure to consume the following nutrients regularly because it helps in maintaining adequate nutrient levels.
· Fruits that are rich source of vitamin E
· Mamey sapote
· Vegetables that are rich source of vitamin E
· Beet greens
· Red sweet pepper
· Mustard greens
· Raw collards
· Nuts containing Vitamin E
· Cashew nuts
· Sunflower seeds
· Animal based vitamin E rich food
· Fish roe
· Atlantic salmon
· Dried Cod
· Cooking oil rich in vitamins
· Canola oil
· Cottonseed oil
· Grape seed oil
· Rice bran oil
· Sunflower oil
· Wheat germ oil
Vitamin E side effects
When taken by mouth vitamin E is safer for many people when taken in doses that are less than 1000 mg daily. The risk of side effects increases with heavy doses of vitamin E. Side effects include fatigue, nausea, bleeding and headache. Don’t take vitamin E doses more than 1000 mg daily. Taking vitamin E by mouth is very effective for treating people with vitamin E deficiency. When applied to skin it is safe for many people.
Vitamin E is a very important fat soluble nutrient but it also causes side effects. It is a powerful antioxidant and it is needed for cellular signaling and immune health in bodies. Many foods contain vitamins E but consuming with dietary supplements is more efficient. It benefits many populations including people with NAFLD and diabetic problems. High doses of vitamin E supplements cause many side effects and it interacts with many medications.