Kheerganga is one of the most popular treks in the region and is known for its stunning landscapes and breathtaking views of the Parvati Valley. The trek begins at Barshaini, which is about 10 km from Kasol, and takes about 5-6 hours to reach Kheerganga. The trek is quite steep and involves crossing several small streams, waterfalls and forests. Once at the top, one can enjoy the stunning views of the Parvati Valley, the snow-capped Himalayas, and the hot springs of Kheerganga.
Location of kheerganga trek
India’s Himachal Pradesh state’s Parvati Valley is where you can find the Kheerganga Trek .It is a 9 km trek from the nearby village of Barshaini, located in the Kullu district.
How to reach kheerganga
Kheerganga can be reached by taking a bus from Bhuntar to Barshaini. From Barshaini, one has to trek for around 12 km to reach Kheerganga. One can also hire a cab from Bhuntar to Barshaini, or even a horse ride. There is no direct bus to Kheerganga.
Things to carry kheerganga trek
2. Trekking shoes or good non-skid shoes
4. Water Bottle
5. First-aid kit
7. Woolen cap and gloves
8. Warm clothes
9. Snacks and energy bars
13. Trekking poles (optional)
14. Camera (optional)
15. Trekking map (optional)
Things to do in kheerganga trek
- Enjoy the mesmerizing view of the mountains and the valley.
- Visit Kheerganga’s hot springs and take a bath.
- Try camping in the lush green meadows near Kheerganga.
- Explore the local villages and get to know the culture of Himachal Pradesh.
- Visit the Rudranag Temple and offer your prayers.
- Take part in the traditional festivals celebrated in the village.
- Trek to Kalga Village, the highest point of the trek.
- Spend a night in the snow-covered landscape of Kheerganga.
- Capture some amazing photos of the Himalayan beauty.
- Enjoy the delicious local cuisines served in the nearby villages.
Reason to visit kheerganga trek
- Enjoy the Beauty of Nature: Kheerganga trek is a rewarding experience for all nature lovers. The lush green meadows, snow-capped mountains, and gushing waterfalls make it a mesmerizing destination for trekkers.
- Explore the Ancient Temples: One of the major attractions of the Kheerganga trek is the ancient temple of Lord Shiva situated atop the mountain. It is believed that Lord Shiva meditated here for years, giving the place its spiritual significance.
- Thrilling Camping Experience: Trekkers can also look forward to a thrilling camping experience at the top of the mountain. With its breathtaking views of the surrounding valleys and majestic mountains, camping at Kheerganga is a must-try for all adventure seekers.
- Hotspring Bathing: Another major attraction of this trek is the naturally occurring hot water springs located at the top of the mountain. Bathing in these springs is believed to have therapeutic effects, making it a great way to relax after a tiring trek.
Places to visit near kheerganga trek
- Kasol: Kasol is a beautiful and serene hill station near kheerganga trek, located in the Parvati Valley of Himachal Pradesh. It is a popular destination for trekkers and backpackers.
- Tosh: Tosh is a small village located in Parvati Valley and is a great place to explore the beauty of the Himalayas. It is located at an altitude of 2,400 meters and is known for its beautiful landscapes and lush green forests.
- Malana: Malana is a secluded village located at an altitude of 2,800 meters in the Parvati Valley. It is famous for its unique culture, which includes its own language, customs, and rituals.
- Manikaran: Manikaran is a holy pilgrimage site for Hindus and Sikhs, located at an altitude of 1,800 meters in the Parvati Valley. It is home to hot springs and is believed to have healing properties.
- Barshaini: Barshaini is a small village located in the Parvati Valley and is a great spot for camping and trekking. It is located at an altitude of 2,000 meters and is known for its picturesque views of the Himalayas.
Overview of kheerganga trek
Kheerganga is a beautiful trek located in the Parvati Valley of Himachal Pradesh. It is one of the most popular treks in the region and is known for its stunning landscapes and breathtaking views of the Parvati Valley. The trek begins at Barshaini, which is about 10 km from Kasol, and takes about 5-6 hours to reach Kheerganga. The trek is quite steep and involves crossing several small streams, waterfalls and forests. Once at the top, one can enjoy the stunning views of the Parvati Valley, the snow-capped Himalayas, and the hot springs of Kheerganga. This is an ideal trek for those looking for a peaceful, nature-filled experience.